Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Year, A New Start

The start of 2011 will mark my first whole year in London. I moved here with my boyfriend in September but still feel very new to Britain's capital city. Within two weeks of moving here I landed a job with a charity to help those who have been homeless return to employment. As a graduate I had felt so anxious after hearing horifying statistics about the the sheer number of us who were looking for, and largely unable to find, work. But I was fortunate enough to find my place with the charity and had such a great time working there. The only problem was, as is the case with many charities, that they could not afford to keep me on in the New Year.

So, a New Year and a new start it is. 2011 will be my first full year in London. I currently have no idea what I will be doing today, tomorrow and certainly not next week! Although unemployment is fun at the moment (I have just finished eating breakfast in bed) I hope it doesn't last for too long. Let's just see what the future brings.........

No comments:

Post a Comment