Saturday, January 22, 2011

Black Swan and the Couch Potato

Dear Reader,

The last two days have slipped by and I have wandered through them in a dream-like daze.

Yesterday I had another meeting with the poet and the film maker who has made a documentary of him. The meeting was quite long and, after meeting briefly with Mum, I came home and crashed on the sofa. It turned out that B had been relaxing all day so we spent the evening together and watched 'Marley & Me.' It is such a nice film, even though it has a sad ending, but I could barely keep my eyes open during it. B even kept looking at me to check I was awake!

After feeling tired last night I slept in late this morning and have spent most of the day relaxing. B and I got up and he made some coffee in his machine. He's a bit of an addict so we have all the equipment from a grinder to a full blown machine and of course a copious supply of coffee. Enjoying the coffee and the slow pace of the day I pottered around before heading up to Westfield to do some shopping. I think Westfield has been labelled Europe's largest shopping centre and today it was brimming. I collected our tickets to see 'Black Swan' at the Vue cinema there this evening and then popped in to a few shops. I tried on a few cardigans in Uniqlo, one of which was really nice, decided to take it, exited the changing room and then wandered aimlessly around the shop, disillusioned with my potential purchase and put it back. Why? I'm not even sure why. Maybe you can tell me?

On the way back though I did buy some beautiful tulips. They are a mixture of colours: pink, white, yellow and red and I have put them in a big white jug we have with a pink ribbon tied around it.

At home B decided to have a break from his reading and we watched the last episode of 'Medium.' For those of you who haven't seen it, 'Medium' is a tv series about a female psychic who dreams about crimes and helps the police to solve them. Allison juggles a home life with three children and a loving husband with her visions and insights and what they lead her to. I love it because it mixes a normal life with paranormal activity. Watching the last episode though was devastating and I couldn't help crying even after it had ended. B kept looking at me as if I was walking time bomb that might explode at any minute with fresh tears. We've been together for seven years but I still manage to surprise him!

I am still on the sofa now but soon we are going out to the cinema. I can't wait to see 'Black Swan', it looks darkly dramatic and thrilling..............

No comments:

Post a Comment