Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Full English & Visiting West Hampstead

Dear Reader,

Upon waking this morning I knew that something felt different. This morning I felt extra hungry and there was only one thing I wanted: a full English. Last night B had mentioned something about making waffles to which I had absent-mindedly acquiesed but bacon and eggs now beckoned.

We mosied into the kitchen together and, keeping with English tradition, I chose to make tea instead of coffee and began grilling some tomatoes and frying the bacon. B was still intent on waffle making and starting whipping egg whites and making a fuss of flour. Meanwhile, my egg was frying.

Within ten minutes I had a full plate of bacon, eggs, tomatoes and toast with a big mug of tea. B finally had his batter made and soon was able to join me in breakfast heaven. There's nothing like a totally satisfying breakfast.

I must say, it rather made up for last night's 'meal'. It was B's turn to organise our Saturday night and he decided to take me for a meal inside Westfield. Inside. With no windows. On a Saturday night. Needless to say I was not impressed but as it was his night I tried to bite my tongue.

We ate at Byron which is a burger chain here. I had a normal burger with BBQ sauce which was nice but not particularly satisfying. We went for some pudding elsewhere and had Banoffee Pie which we both enjoyed plus I had a glass of rose Champagne. Rose or 'Pink' Champagne has traditionally been the preferred beverage of prostitutes in Paris but I think a little 'je ne sais quoi' doesn't go amiss sometimes! Oh la la.

This afternoon I met a friend in West Hampstead. We had hot chocolate together in a rustic sort of bar and then she showed me where she lived (she has only just moved here). West Hampstead is quite a pleasant sort of area of London, slightly quieter and with some nice little shops and cafes. I rather liked it.

On arriving home I found B busily filling out work experience applications for big law firms. The deadline for them is tomorrow and the work experience or 'Vac Scheme' application is almost as extensive as the one for a training contract. We have both been looking at them all evening and they are quite exhausting.

Tomorrow I have a meeting in the morning and some other bits and bobs. B and I are going to see 'The King's Speech' which I am particularly excited about though.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment