Saturday, January 29, 2011

Byron Burgers & A Visit From Mum

Dear Reader,

Today my Mum visited and it was lovely to see her.

I live close to Westfield, Europe's largest shopping centre (which I know is no match for the American shopping malls), and we went straight there for lunch. We didn't eat anywhere particularly special but it was nice to just sit down for a while together and chat. I am very close to my Mum and it is always so nice to see her.

We wandered a little round the shops and then perused 'The Carphone Warehouse' for a new phone for Mum. She chose a Blackberry Pearl which is the same phone that I have!

Afterwards we came back to the flat that I live in with B and had coffee. Mum is a barrister and B is studying Law so they both had a good natter about that and B was able to ask her questions about particular areas. I almost feel that I should be doing law too!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I received a phone call inviting me to another interview. It is with a company that trains people in hospitality and supplies staff to hotels and restaurants. I think they are interviewing me with a view to work within their office in some capacity, I am hoping that I could integrate some PR into the role if I was successful. Their office is near Parsons Green which is a lovely, leafy almost suburban area of London. It has lots of nice pubs and I have been to the Champgane bar there before now too. I would be very happy to work in that area!

B's sister and her boyfriend turned up early this evening and Mum went home. It's my birthday on Thursday and she is also coming over then, hopefully for some cake if B makes one. I would rather not have to bake my own Birthday cake and have hinted heavily (that is, I told B) that I should like him to bake me a cake. I have also 'hinted' that I would like a guinea pig for my birthday but whereas there is a chance that he might bake me a cake, I think there is no chance that he'll give me a guinea. I can always dream!

We are both sat on the sofa as I write this and soon we are going out for a meal. It is B's Saturday tonight so we are doing what he wants: going for a burger. Luckily, we are going to a restaurant called Byron (not to be confused with the famous poet, Lord Byron, who was totally bonkers by the way) which does rather nice burgers, or so I hear! At least he didn't choose Mcdonald's...................

No comments:

Post a Comment