Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seizing Opportunities and the South Bank Centre

Dear Reader,

Today I was offered a desk! Working freelance is great but trying to stay disciplined at home is at times.......tedious. Today I was offered to use a desk in my old place of work as and when it's free. Whooppeeee!

Having recieved this uplifting news this morning I then went on to meet a lady starting her own PR company who has similar clients to me. We met at the South Bank Centre near Waterloo. I had never been there before and thought it was rather nice. It is a complex of buildings that overlook the river and are all quite new and chic looking. We had coffee up in the Royal Festival Hall member's lounge and chatted for almost 2 hours. It was great.

By the time I got home I felt exhausted. B's cousin was coming to stay this evening so, as if we were super heroes, we conducted a lightning-speed team tidy up which involved changing the spare bed, fluffing up the sofa, wiping down the kitchen and hanging up some clothes! Phew, job done.

B's cousin arrived and he made pizza which was delicious as usual. B doesn't always take time and care over cooking but when he makes pizza he makes it good. He combines all the ingredients for the dough, allows it rise as he slowly cooks a tomato sauce and reduces it until it is thick and rich with ripe tomatoes, red wine and bacon. He then rolls out the dough, spreads on the sauce and tops it with ham, mushrooms and mozarella. Yum.

Now, we are both chilling in front of the TV. Tomorrow B has to be in college by 9 and both B's cousin and I have interviews in the morning. I'm not entirely sure what my job is for actually except that it is within an office and might involve some PR. Wish me luck..................

No comments:

Post a Comment